JUNIOR Z WORKSHOP
Small = beautiful.........
we take time to make beautiful "things" (......JZ cars !)
A workshop for small restoration projects only for the Alfa Romeo, by full:
Giulia GT 1300 Junior Zagato and the 1600 Junior Zagato, based on experience of many years.
With reliable and professional partners !
Main thing is that the work - on request - is done purely based on passion and love for this fastastic Alfa Romeo in order to help other Junior Z owners.
We do not wish to cut anyone short, but we are selective in taking on work
for preferable like minded JZ lovers for whom we want to and can work with pleasure.
In our view it is about something to give one and other.
Also we would like to achieve that we save as many Junior Zagato's as we
can and bring them back on the road to enjoy marvellous driving.
A grant pleasure for the owner, but also for the public to look at.
For the legacy of an outstanding car brand with a fantastic history.
For more information you can send an e-mail to:
Haaren, June 2017
Where can you find two Junior Zagato's
in one Bottega at the same time,
these days ?
At the Formula 1 Racetrack in Zandvoort
in August 2019
62 (!!) Junior Zagato's and 1600 Z's came together.
In our HJZA-Club are a lot of JZ owners
gathered helping each other to keep on
driving this fantastic coupé.
"with a litle help from my friends" like Joe Cocker sang at the time...
We will keep on doing the good work ,
for you and for ourselves!!
Through our activities for "the Junior Zagato Archives", we found out that there are
still many JZ projects all over the world.
With owners who have the car standing in a garage, as a project, but do not start, because (like us at the time) they do not know where, how and with whom to start restoring their Junior Z or 1600 Z.
Maybe they do not start because they have found out :
- how difficult it is to find the sufficient background information and/or
- mechanics with integrity and knowledge of the JZ are rare to find,
- that spare parts are not or very difficult to find or
- they simply do not have time to start with their project
that they have no iedea, from the financial point of view,
where the end of this "experiment" will be ?
For You :
BEFORE YOU START...WE CAN NOT EMPHAZINE ENOUGH.....:
- invest a lot of time in getting to know the Junior Zagato with all her charmes, but also with quite a lot of "blind spots" and "pit falls"
- many have high expectations and US dollar signs in their eyes, but do not get fooled, because at the end it is only you who is paying the price
- realize that there are no spare parts available for the Junior Z and every piece of body work must be made by hand (if you can find the persoon/meachnic/sheetworker who really can make these parts.......
there are just a few left, who can !
For us :
it is a great honour and it gives us a lot of fun and satisfaction to advice and support JZ owners in getting these questions answered and sometimes even help them to work on their JZ ourselves and to be able to make a (boys)dream come true.
Our motivation has nothing to do with money, only with love and passion for the Junior Z.
Antwerp Concours, September 2017
To give you some idea of the projects we have done:
Underneath you will find a selection of pictures that we make while restoring larger or smaller restoration projects.
During every project we always make pictures for the costumer/JZ owner which he/she can add to the history of his/her car.
Looking at the pictures can be usefull for every owner to get new idea's but also to avoid starting some restoration project, for which the knowledge, experience and solution is already available.
So you can avoid to :" invent the wheel again !"
Put your energy in other things.
Especially members of the foundation "Het Junior Zagato Archief "can feel
free to ask questions or clarificatification about the pictures you see here.
But ..........also large JUNIOR ZAGATO projects :
Through the years, hearing from our members what they were looking for,
we decided to reproduce some parts.
Examples of these reproductions you can find here and on the other pages of this website.
These items are produced, renovated or repaired on a regular basis like:
- door panels for the Junior Z (panelli interni delle porte 105.93.55.057/8.00/01 tav 128)
- console and tunnel JZ 1300 (overhaul existing part or completely new)
- stainless steel covers front bumper (105.93.59.001.00/02/03 tav 117)
- stainless steel covers rear bumper (105.93.59.002.00/02 tav 118)
- sets mudguards (105.93.53.052/053.00/01, tav 107)
- headlight sets (gruppo fari : 105.93.65.078/088.00 tav 84)
- fixing clips front plexiglas (moletta fiss.126.96.36.199.00/05 tav 130. 1600 Z), no picture)
- lifting engine rear window (105.93.56.024.00/07 renovated with NOS parts and supplied with relays and new console switsch) special production HJZA
- wheelhub emblems (rim badges:105.59.28.010.00.01 tav 53, also GTA)
- speaker covers (
- overhaul seat hinges (attention: only by subscription for HJZA members !)
- fanalino anteriore Carello (tavola 87) signal light (102.05.065.011-078.02 tav 87) (renovation or new)
- complete overhaul / renovation JZ seats (105.93.58.001-2.00/01 tavola 132)
- door trims (out side) (cornice esterna 105.93.60.048/049.00/01 tav 127 a.Junior Z)
- front bumper (complete with SS covers and original rubber) 105.93.59.001.00/01 (tav 117
- front side upper part dashboard ( 105.93.070.00/01 supporto, tav 111 a.Junior Z)
- deviding plates in the front ( without original partnumber: repro HJZA, ref. tavola 119 a.Junior Z))
- knurled nuts to attach SS front Grill
- signal light front support LH/RH (supporto fanalino di posizione 188.8.131.52/199.00/02 tav 109 a.Junior Z)
Depending on the suggestions of our members other JZ parts come into view.
The reproductions are only for HJZA-members !
If you have suggestions, please contact us.
JZ body and interior parts in our Stock Junior Zagato 1300 / 1600 Z